Bahrain is considered as one of the wealthiest nations in the world. The country belongs to the liberal Muslim. There are places where people are conservative, but that is worth knowing the social norms of the area. Bahrain is a unique country to discover and situated in the central part of the Gulf region with many spectacular attractions that welcome millions of international tourists every year. The country consists of 33 natural islands and also a couple of man-made ones. Through our Bahrain Visa Guide, you will learn everything you need to know about the visa policy of Bahrain regarding various nationalities across the globe, different types of visas, specific requirements, visa sponsorships, visa fees, and many more. Before your visa application to Bahrain, it is essential to have a scheduled flight ticket at hand.
Who Needs a Bahrain Visa?
You need a Bahrain visa unless you are from the following countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Everyone else has to get a Visa on Arrival, an eVisa, or apply for a visa at a Bahrain Embassy.
Bahrain Visa Types
The type of Visa for Bahrain you require will be applicable depending on, the purpose of visit, sponsorship requirement, Standard/E-VISA, Multiple or single entries & Place of issue.
- Tourist Visa: Bahrain tourist visa issued for individuals or groups who wish to visit Bahrain for sightseeing purposes.
- Visitor Visa: This Visa is for other foreign nationals. It requires a sponsorship from a Bahrain nationality. This Visa is valid for a month.
- 72-Hour & Seven-Day Visa: This Visa is for Business Visitors who visit for a short stay, a return ticket is required to obtain this Visa.
- Business Visa: This Visa is also for business purposes but for those who stay longer than a week. This is valid for up to four weeks. This Visa requires NOC from Bahraini sponsor.
- Work Visa: This Visa is required when a person is taking up employment in Bahrain. This Visa is valid for one or two years.
- Family Visa: This is also called residence permit. This Visa is given to family members of those working in Bahrain. The family members aren’t allowed to work unless the obtain appropriate work Visas.
- E-Visa: Bahrain E-Visa is an electronic Visa to the Kingdom of Bahrain that can be obtained online through the website of the Ministry of Interior Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs.
- Visa On Arrival: Not everyone can apply for a Bahrain on arrival visa. There’s a criterion you must meet to apply for a Bahrain on arrival visa.
Bahrain Visa Documents Requirements
Make sure to have:
- A valid passport which is valild for minimum six months.
- Duly filled Visa application form.
- Round ticket for your travel.
- One passport size photo.
- A bank statement which can handle your expenses in Bahrain.
- Proof of your stay in Bahrain and the duration of the visit.
- Purpose of the visit should be mentioned.
Processing Time Of Bahrain Visa
A Bahrain visa is commonly issued within 5 business days but it can take up to 30 days if a detailed examination is needed or additional documents required.
Bahrain Visa Fees
Bahrain visa fees are not the same, they depend on the visa type that you’ll be applying for. The visa fee is payable once the application is approved.
Reasons why Visa gets rejected
- Incomplete or fraudulent documentation.
- Applicant’s past or current records such as criminal activities.
- Insufficient funds.