It is a mandatory process for all Indians to apply for a visa to travel to international destinations, citizens need to obtain a visa in order to enter the majestic nation of Turkey. Let us have a look at the procedure to apply for Turkey Visa.
Who Needs a Turkey Visa?
Before you take a trip to Turkey or decide to apply for a Turkish visa, you should always check whether you need a visa, or you are exempt. There is a long list of world nationals that need a Turkey visa to enter the country. Exempt are only the nationals of countries that have good diplomatic relations with Turkey.
Turkey Visa Types
In order to Turkey visa apply online, you need to be aware of the visa types and which ones among them are for shorter stays and can be applied through the visa on arrival procedure.
- Turkey Tourist: This kind of visa is issued to bona-fide tourists whose sole purpose of travel is travel. A tourist visa is a single-entry visa which allows you a stay in Turkey for a period of up to 30 days. The purpose of your visit can be traveling and sightseeing in Turkey
- Business Visa: If you want to conduct business activities in turkey or develop a successful business relationship with a Turkish company, you will need a Turkish business visa. It has validity of 6 months.
- Turkey Transit visa: Passengers in transit would not need to apply for a transit visa if they are not going to go beyond the transit lounge of the airport. Those who wish to leave the airport need to apply for a transit visa.
- Turkey Student or Education visa: This category of visa applies to those wishing to pursue an internship in Turkey, to do a course in Turkish language, to pursue further education, and also seeking education in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- Turkey Working visa: This visa needs to be procured by those seeking employment, or even self-employment in Turkey, need to visit for academic purposes such a giving lectures at universities, if you are a sportsmen and you would be taking part in a sporting event, if you are an artist and you would be taking part in an art event, for free zone workers, if you are a journalist and are visiting Turkey to cover an event, report to the media, or are visiting for montage and repairman purposes .
- Other visas: The other purposes of visiting the country include to shoot a documentary film, for archaeological excavation or exploration, if you are a tour operator representative, for seeking medical treatment, in order to accompany someone, for the purpose of family unification, and a freight or seafarer visa
Documents Required For Turkey Visa :
To apply for Turkey Visa, you need to submit the following documents in hard copy –
- A duly filled and signed Visa Application Form.
- Two passport size photographs again taken against a white background.
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Turkey. The passport must have atleast two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Two scanned copies of the first and last page of the passport.
- Original copy of leave letter from your employer, if you apply for working Visa.
- If you are self-employed, a covering letter on your personal business letterhead with the company seal along with the authorized signatory, name and designation. If the covering letter is on business letterhead, you must provide a copy of the original attested Certificate of Registration.
- If you have your own business, whether in sole proprietorship or partnership, you will need to provide Certificate of Incorporation/Memorandum of Association/Partnership Deed/Proprietary Proof.
- Bank statement for the last 3 months in original from the bank with seal and signature. The statements should reflect a minimum fund of Rs. 1 lakh or above. In case of salaried employees, Salary Account along with last 3 months salary slips with original seal and signature of the organization should be provided.
- Confirm hotel reservation
- Confirmed return flight ticket
- Authorization letter from the applicant in case the application is submitted by a travel agent along with the photo ID of the travel agent
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, you will also need to submit-
- Consent form for minors, whether traveling alone or accompanied by a parent. The NOC should be on a stamp paper bearing the photographs of both the minor and the parents. The paper must be notarized.
- A travel insurance that covers medical, evacuation as well as repatriation expenses. It should also include daily allowance in case of personal accidental death as well as hospitalization. Insurance must cover the traveler for at least 30,000 Euros.