South Korea Student Visa

There are many prominent universities in South Korea. Thankfully, this nation offers a variety of student visas. Depending on your requirements and circumstances, you can choose the appropriate visa. D1, D2, D3, and D4 visas are typically regarded as student visas for South Korea. D1 visas are available to persons who want to enrol in art-related academic courses. D2 visas typically have a two-year validity period and are for people who desire to continue their higher studies in this country. Those who want to study as trainees in various fields are given D3 and D4 visas.

Types of student visa issued by South Korea are listed down

  • Associate degree (D-2-1): Applicants for this visa must plan to enrol in an associate degree programme at a university or undergraduate or graduate institution recognised by the Higher Education Act.
  • Bachelor's degree (D-2-2): Under the Higher Education Act, this permission is given to anyone who seek to enrol in a college or undergraduate/graduate college for a bachelor's degree.
  • Master's degree (D-2-3): This authorization is for students who intend to continue their study in order to get a master's degree at a university, undergraduate or graduate institution recognised by the Higher Education Act, or a university recognised by the Special Act.
  • Doctorate degree (D-2-4): This visa is required for those pursuing doctoral studies under the Higher Education Act.
  • A research project (D-2-5): Those who wish to take part in research projects at a university or undergraduate or graduate college are required to have this visa.
  • Exchange student (D-2-6): This visa is for exchange students who intend to enrol in a required course or curriculum as part of a mutually agreed-upon exchange programme between equivalent universities.
  • Learners of the Korean language (D-4-1): Under the Higher Education Act, a tertiary education centre is a place where people can study the language. The applicant for this visa must be in high school or have completed at least that level of education.
  • Students who plan to enrol in elementary, middle, or high school will require this visa (D-4-3) in order to study there.
  • Foreign language trainee (D-4-7): People who want to study a foreign language at a college or other higher institution are required to get this visa under the Higher Education Act. whether the visa applicant possesses a high school diploma or equivalent, or is enrolled in high school.
  • Korean art & culture (D-1): This visa is required for individuals who wish to engage in artistic endeavours or study relevant fields in South Korea. You should be aware that there shouldn't be any fees associated with these activities for the visa applicant.
  • Industrial trainee (D-3-11): This visa is required for those who want to receive technical training in a business engaged in international investment as defined by the Foreign Exchange Transactions Act.
  • If you want to take a training course at a company that exports technology, you should apply for the industrial trainee (technology) (D-3-12) visa, provided that the ROK Minister of Justice has recognised the need for the training at the company.
  • Industrial trainee (plant) (D-3-13): Applicants for this visa must intend to take part in a training programme with a company that transports industrial equipment (plants) as defined by the Foreign Trade Act.
  • General trainee (others) (D-4-2): This authorization is required for anyone who wants to take part in research or receive training from a business, organisation, or academic institution.
  • Trainee chef (Korean cuisine) (D-4-5): Applicants for this visa must be eager to gain training experience in Korean cuisine at a Korean cooking academy.
  • General Trainee (Private Institute) (D-4-6): This visa is required for individuals who wish to enrol as trainees at private educational institutions.

Documents required before you apply for Student Visa South Korea are listed down below

  • Admission certificate issued by a Korean university.
  • Proof of a student's financial situation: bank statement or scholarship, etc.
  • Visa application form
  • A passport with a copy of the first page
  • Applicant’s Photo
  • Photo dimensions should be 3.5 by 4.5 cm.
  • Its backdrop must be white in colour.
  • It must have been taken in the last six months
  • Student visa fee payment
  • ID card of the country of residence
  • Documents demonstrating your family relations
  • Korean language certificate (if required)
  • Invitation Letter from National Institute for International Education of Korea (NIIED) (if required)
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Business Registration Certificate from the relevant educational institution
  • Tuberculosis Test Certificate: Citizens of the countries listed must submit this certificate

Eligibility- Student Visa South Korea

  • You must fulfil the following requirements in order to be qualified to enter the nation on a visa.
  • Be a sincere traveller. You must have a reason to visit the country that is both legitimate and honourable.
  • You must have the financial resources to support yourself and any dependents during the entire stay in order to be eligible to shoulder all costs.
  • Strong ties to your native country must exist for you to have good reasons to return there following your visit.
  • Be of good character - You must be of good character and have no history of criminal activity. For the same, you might need to present a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
  • Being in good health means that you must at least satisfy the authorities' minimum standards for health.